Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy Daddy!

Pretty tired tonight, but I want to write down a few random things before I forget them...

- My birthday was a couple of days ago. Emily tried to teach Jack to say "Happy Birthday Daddy!" Jack said "Happy Daddy!" and then went around saying it, with a big smile, for a lot of the day. "Happy Daddy! Happy... Daddy! Hap-py....Dad-dy!" Best birthday present ever.

- When Jack hears a dog bark outside, he says "Woof!" He's in the bath, playing with his toys, and hears a dog bark. Stops what he's doing for a moment. "Woof!" Then goes back to playing.

- He has a large, lap edition of "Goodnight Moon" as well as a small board book of it. This morning he came out of his room with both of them, as he often does. I was in the kitchen, and I heard him saying "Sit. Sit." I look out, and he's sitting on the rug with the lap version in his lap, and the small version a few feet in front of him. He's pointing at it and looking at me. "Sit."

- A little bit later, I'm at the computer, and Charlie is lying near the wall in the back of the room about 10 feet away, as he normally does. Jack comes up with the two books and puts the small one between Charlie's paws, then sits down next to him with his big lap edition. So Charlie could read along with him, I guess. Classic.

- Aunt Robin gave Jack a boat, sea captain, and seagull bath toy. Pretty cool. Jack loves the seagull. "Seagull!" he says. A bath isn't happy until I bring in the seagull and throw him in the water; these days, the seagull makes a bath a bath.

- Jack's favorite food these days is cereal. He likes these wheat pillow like things. The other day he was asking for them, and we'd give them to him, and he'd wander off, then come back for more. We found out he was collecting a tiny little bowl of them, with the bowl being one of the little cups from the egg poacher. I picked it up on one of his treks back for more cereal, because Charlie would likely have eaten it eventually, and he came back with a fistful of cereal, saw his little cup missing, and did a double-take, literally. Mystified. I showed it to him on the edge of the desk. He was happy.

- He likes drawing and coloring with markers. He mostly likes me drawing with markers. I draw him airplanes and sharks over and over again. "Airplane!" "Shark!" I try drawing other things, like a whale, but he says "shark"!

- I'm a huge dinosaur fan. We got him a book called "Dinosaur, Dinosaur." Good book, he likes it. He says "Nanosaur!" Funny to see, and to hear. "Nanosaur!"

So yeah, Jack's doing great.



-

No comments: