Friday, January 05, 2007

Random Fun

I have a stuffed Daffy Duck in the back of our car, that my sister gave to me about 15 years ago on the eve of a cross-country trip. Today Jack looked at it and said "Goofy Duck." I said, what? Jack: "Goofy Duck!" Big smile from Jack. I said, no, that's Daffy Duck. "That's Goofy Duck," he said, laughing. All righty.

Yesterday Jack wanted to have a glass of juice, but when I went to put the lid on his cup, he said, "No, big boy!" Huh? "I big boy." OK, you're a big boy. I gave him his juice without a lid. Jack: "Lid."

I have this great superhero wall calendar that my sister, again, gave to Jack and me. It's not enough for Jack to see on the wall: "Touch it!" he cries. So I get it down and we flip through it. We came to the Spider-man page and I sing the Spider-man song. "Spider-man, Spider-man, does whatever a spider can..." so on and so forth. We turn to the other pages, and Jack wants a song for them, too. Now, I don't know of any songs for Captain America, the Hulk, etc., but I'm making things up: "Here comes Captain America, here comes Captain America!" And "Hulk, smash! Hulk, smash! HULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLkkkk - Smash!" He seemed to enjoy it.

No comments: