Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Going on Ay-caytion

We're going on vacation at the end of the week, kind of a mini one to the Cape, so we've been talking it up. Jack has come around, saying "We're going on Ay-caytion?" So he's into the idea.

Tonight I brought out our luggage, which we really haven't used in a while, and Jack might not even have remembered it. "These are our suitcases," I said. "The bags we'll bring on vacation." Jack nodded and proceeded to drag his turtle bag around the upstairs hallway for a few minutes.

Later, as I was trying to get Jack back into his bed for the umpteenth time, I helped sell the idea by saying, "You've got to rest up, because we're going on vacation at the end of the week."

Jack: "Ay-caytion?" That's right, I said.

Jack: "Are we going to bring our caysing bags?"

Our suitcases, Jack, that's right.

No comments: