Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mr. Clean

Jack went up to his room today. He was tired of Kate playing with all of his toys (even though about half of them, at least, were her toys that she'd gotten the previous day for her birthday), and Emily said, if you don't want her to play with them, you're going to have to go upstairs. So he gathered up some toys, mostly hers, and went upstairs.

A little while later he came down to tell us he cleaned his room. Emily went up with Kate, then called me up to see. He'd cleaned his room! Really! The thing was spotless. Granted, his two huge stuffed things, monkey and duck, were in our room, but still. The floor was entirely cleared; things were up on top of his toy chest, books put away, etc. Amusingly, as I walked in, he played a note on this little laptop computer toy Kate had gotten for her birthday. The note went, "Ta-daa!!!!"

As we were marveling, Jack got onto his bed with this little laptop toy and said, "I have to work at my computer now. Goodbye, family." (This is apparently something I say at times.) And so we left. Pretty funny.

1 comment:

robin said...

This is a great one! I can just picture Mr. Clean sitting on his bed working on 'his' computer. And perhaps he thought you guys needed some large stuffed toys to sleep with.
I also love the Day Care blog . . . Kate will be fine, but I'm definitely not sure about you.:-)