Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Funny stuff

Both kids are going to be home sick tomorrow, and I need to work, so I'd better write down some happy thoughts now....

- Jack loves making little craft things from this book he has. We've made some neat stuff -- sock puppet dragons, paper plate turtles, etc. What's funny is when he comes upon a page that requires stuff we simply don't have. "Can we make this?" he says, pointing to something that requires a dozen blocks of wood. "No, Jack, we don't have any little blocks of wood lying around." "What about this?" Something that requires painting, roughly 10 minutes before bedtime. "Er...." Anyway, it's very cute.

- When I got home with the kids from daycare yesterday, I sat down on the rug to maybe read Kate a book. She reached to pick up one from the coffee table, proceeding to knock about half a dozen on the floor. She gave me a look with her mouth in an "O" shape, a mischievous look in her eyes. As if to say, "OOOoooops....." A minute later she picked up a puzzle. All the pieces fell to the floor with a crash. Same look. "Oooooopssss....."

- Jack tells stories that I think start out true and then get pretty crazy. (Is that the premise of Pinky Dinky Doo? I must look into it.) Like he said the kids at school were telling him they were going to the Aquarium today. "And I already knew it, but they told me anyway." And when I laughed at his mild exasperation, he went on. "And then they LOCKED me in a CAGE!" "Really?" "Yeah!" Those kind of stories are pretty common from him nowadays.

- Yesterday Jack was in the bath and I wanted to get a laugh out of him, so I tickled him. And he laughed, which is a great laugh, but then he was like, "Stop, stop....don't tickle me." Still screaming with laughter. So I stopped. And he sat there for a minute, then said, "Daddy. When I come close to your hand, you can tickle me." So I said OK. He moved a little closer. "OK, now you can tickle me." And I did, and he screamed with laughter again.

No comments: