Tuesday, October 25, 2011

pre-Halloween

- We drove by these wild decorations near Kate's preschool the other day. Kate always gets very excited as we drive by; there are all kinds of ghosts and skeletons and monsters. She lights up: "Ooh! I like the vampire the best. No, actually... I like ALL of them the best!"

- We went to Eden Farms in Stamford last week, and went through the Spooky House. It wasn't very spooky, but Kate enjoyed it, and I think Jack did too, until he saw an older boy saying it wasn't scary, so he took up that mantra too. So I of course pretended it was the scariest thing I'd ever seen. I dunno, Jack, I might have nightmares tonight. He looked at me with what appeared to be disgust. "How can you be SCARED? It's not real. It's not scary!" I said, well, what about these eyeballs in this jar? He looked at it doubtfully. Then: "No...THAT's not scary..."

- They went through the hay maze, around and around and around again. At one point Kate looked a little nervous (it was only shoulder high on her), so I went over to check. She looked up at me. "Oh! Hi Daddy." She was fine. Jack paused to fix a scarecrow whose head had fallen off, just like I did a few minutes earlier. Good boy.

- We carved a pumpkin last night. Both of them drew the faces they wanted carved, and I did my best to merge the two. Jack also drew a witch on a broom to carve into the back of it. Geez, Jack, I'm working with a serrated knife in PUMPKIN here. But it turned out OK anyway.

No comments: