Friday, November 11, 2011

friday

- while Emily gave Kate her bath, jack and I sat and watched the fire. Jack said it looked like the blue flame was dancing to music, and he got up and demonstrated it dancing.

- I finished up Kate's bath. She didn't want me to take the band-aid off her knee, as usual, but it was time, so I ignored her thrashing and yanked it off. When she had settled down, she not only laughed about it, but mimicked her own protests. "And I said, 'no, don't take my band-aid off' and then I cried like this...'" Hilarious.

- I read them some goofy book called Chaucer's winter or somesuch, about a bear that doesn't want to hibernate. And doesn't! But his parents keep an eye on him. All winter! And I couldn't help thinking, they must really want to sleep. That's parenting.

I read Kate a frog and toad book. At the end of Toad's Dream, which is kind of a disturbing story, Toad wakes to find Frog visiting. You came to see me? Says Toad. I always do, says Frog. That part is nice.

No comments: