Friday, February 08, 2013

Winter

We didn't have much snow last winter. I think it snowed in late October and then once more after that. So it was pretty cool when it snowed two weeks ago and we made a snowman, and then snowed this morning and is still snowing now, 14 hours later.

We made another snowman, or really I did and convinced Kate to help me with the face and getting the carrot and stuff. Jack went inside, uh, he probably had something else important to do. Kate posed for a picture.

After lunch it was snowing and snowy and beautiful, and the kids needed some exercise, so I talked them into heading down to the little playground. And Jack suggested we bring his sled, which was an awesome idea I would like to take credit for. I did get it out of the shed and blow it up last night!

We traipsed down to the park and Jack, for the first time in two years, zipped down the hill at the edge of the park, a fairly decent incline, laughing all the way. And Kate ran down after him, laughing almost as much. And I kind of thought she might be a little wary of the hill, but in fact, she wasn't. Or rather, she took a turn anyway, and afterward said, "that was so scary!" and "can I go again?"

They went down separately, and together, over and over again. I am pretty sure it was Kate's first time sledding. It was pretty cool.

No comments: