Monday, July 01, 2013

Movies

Jack's game was rained out so we had the afternoon off. Kids (well, Jack) had been asking to see Monsters University, so I loaded them into the car and we were off.

Parked and rode the escalator up. Kate ran up, Jack lingered at the bottom looking at posters, I was kind of halfway to each of them. Eventually we congregated and got in line. Apparently I thought it was the 90s or something, because at the cashier for matinee tickets for two kids and one adult, I held out a $20. It was $31.00. Would have been $10 more for 3D. I also held out a $5 for popcorn. It was $8. I am old, and apparently senile. Jack noted that we got free refills for our livestock sized popcorn. Will your baseball team be joining us?

We sat in the very back, which is more than close enough. Jack was into the popcorn up to his elbow, while Kate ate her share, too. They were entranced by the previews, with Kate saying "I love this movie!" at every one. The animated short beforehand was, uh, slight.

The movie was filled with monsters, scary to Kate in parts. She climbed into my lap about 8 times. This is because after 10 minutes, my leg goes to sleep and I have to put her back into her seat. Then a monster shows up,  and she sidles her way back onto my lap. And she does not sit still.

At the end of the movie, a song came out for the credits, and Kate gets up and dances. A lot. Jack: "Kate, what are you doing?" Kate: "I'm dancing!" And continues. Jack shrugs and joins her. I consider getting my free popcorn refill, because I don't think I got much of the first bag.

No comments: