Friday, January 09, 2015

Christmas wrap

I wish I could say I remember everything from the Christmas season, but I forget things.

I always remember Christmas Eve. We go to church, and the highlight for the kids is holding the lit candles for Silent Night. We go home, they get into their pajamas, then come back downstairs and leave a plate of cookies and notes for Santa.

Kate made a picture of Donner, our Elf on the Shelf, so that Santa and Donner would have it. She also drew a picture of Santa. In her note, she asked Santa to hug Mrs. Claus for her.

Jack drew a picture of Santa and Rudolph, and wished Santa luck on the rest of his trip.

I sat down with them and read them 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, as we do every year. They were still pretty wound up afterward, excited about Christmas. Jack did push-ups. Kate yelled or sang or something.

Emily and I watched the end of It's a Wonderful Life, I got something in my eye, and we went to bed.

No comments: