Thursday, February 16, 2006

Sick Little Man

Jack and I are always home together on Thursdays, but today was different -- he was sick with stomach flu. What that basically means is that he went through 6 or 7 outfits and I ran two loads of extremely unpleasant laundry, while I ran around the house all day in the clothes I slept in last night. Um, which happens very rarely. On the bright side, Jack himself didn't seem to mind ruining each successive outfit and putting on his little fashion show over the course of the day; it was all a big game to him as Daddy hauled him back to the changing table to peel off another soaked-through onesie, digging deeper into his drawer each time. The day concluded with him looking like something out of Hee-Haw, wearing a onesie that was a little short in the sleeves and some overalls I hadn't seen him in since last August. And the steady hum of the dryer as preparations began for us to do it all over again tomorrow.

2 comments:

robinrmcardle@gmail.com said...

I'm enjoying this . . . when is the next installment? How often will you be updating?

have you considered adding some lists? How about Jack's favorite books? favorite foods? current words?

Andy Richardson said...

I'm going to try to update every 2-3 days, ideally.

Lists...favorites....these are great ideas! Let me write this down somewhere.... :)

Um, yeah, I'm kind of new at this. I'll look into adding the bells and whistles later.