Saturday, November 25, 2006

"Hold you."

Somewhere along the line Jack started expressing himself in complete sentences. And here some of them are.

"I need some more milk." (This is usually expressed with urgency, as if he's dying of thirst and only milk can save him.)

"I need some water." (This tends to be matter of fact, like, hey, I need some water, would you mind?)

"Hold you." Jack has figured out that being carried up and down stairs is easier and faster than actually walking up and down them himself. We may have to work on that in the future.

"Next to you." Jack either is or wants to sit next to you. Variations include "Next to Mommy" and "Next to Daddy."

"What's THAT?" (Explanation follow, e.g., that's a hat, or that's Daddy's coffee, followed by "OHHH!")

"Do puzzle." (Let's do the puzzle.)

"Can't reach it." "Too big." "Heavy." "Happy." "Too fit." Okay, these aren't sentences, but I wanted to write them down anyway.

He's been singing a lot. Verses of songs. "Twinkle, twinkle, little star....How... wonder what you are Up above world so high like ...diamond ...in the sky." And: "Shake .... shake... shake...shake your body." (From the Backyardigans CD.) "Wiggle it. Wobble it. Wiggle it." He still sings Edelweiss with me. "Bloom and grow.... forever... Edelweiss..." And: "I like this song." Me: "You like this song?" Jack: "Yeah!" Although it's partly a question. "Yeah!?"

Sometimes when he's talking he's just happy, other times he's earnest, solemn. Like what he's saying is very important. "No... Daddy sit there." "I need some milk." So on and so forth.

As always, I forget things. There's just too much good stuff in the average day, average week, with Jack, to remember it all. Him running around the park, like yesterday, happily going up and down slides. (Until he'd had enough, of course, at which point it becomes "All finished." And this, too, has urgency, as if to say, I don't want to be on this teeter totter another moment, thank you.

So I keep writing it down, in hopes I'll remember it always.

No comments: