Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Are you sick?

We've been sick a lot this year. One of us gets something and the rest soon follow. We had a great, healthy Memorial Day weekend, somebody Jack played with had a high fever the next day, and naturally, Jack got it too. I picked him up at daycare a little early on Tuesday and he was home all day today.

It was funny putting him to bed last night, which is when he was really starting to feel bad. He lay down for reading stories. Was cold getting out of the bath. Went to sleep early, before 7 I think.

Today, I was also feeling crummy, although with me it might be allergies. But Jack was here, and had a fever of 101, so I was trying to get him to drink liquids, and rest -- he napped on me at one point.

At one point I either looked or sounded or said I was tired. Jack: "Are you sick?" Me: "Oh, maybe a little." "Do you need a glass of water?" "Er, well..." "I go get you some water."

He disappeared, went downstairs, and came back a minute or two later with a glass of water -- his plastic Spider-man glass, perhaps with the water that was already in it, or maybe from the bathroom sink, which I think he can almost reach. Gave it to me: "Here's water for you, Daddy."

Good stuff.

No comments: