Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Daffy Duck

So one of the things that Jack and I do on occasion is walk down to this nearby office park that has a duck pond in the middle. And we throw the ducks bread and say Hi and Bye to the ducks and all that.

Tonight I was sitting with Jack and drawing pictures on his Magna Doodle (it's sort of like an Etch a Sketch with a pen, just in case you're not up on the lingo, I probably wasn't 2 years ago). And I'm drawing ducks all over it. So Jack says, "Draw his necklace." And I'm like, Huh? And he says, "You have to draw the duck's necklace." And so I draw one, and he's like, "And that one, too. And his necklace, Daddy."

So I'm sitting here drawing necklaces on ducks, thinking, What the hell? And then I realized: In our car I've still got the Daffy Duck my sister gave me, way back before my cross-country trip with Lucky (a year or so after college) -- I've moved him about from car to car since then. And that Daffy Duck is still wearing the necklaces that we got at Mardi Gras and put on Daffy, way back when.

So thanks to that trip, my son believes that ducks are supposed to have necklaces.

No comments: