Thursday, July 26, 2007

Daddy's Magazine

Aunt Cathy was over this morning, and she noticed a couple of the fantasy football magazines on the coffee table. She said, Oh, is this your magazine? Before I could say anything, Jack comes over, says "No - " then goes over near the TV, where my magazine, Fantasy Football Index, is on the rug. I think I showed it to him when we first got it a few weeks back. He gets it and holds it up. "THIS is Daddy's magazine." Cathy says, oh, OK, can I see it? She reaches for it, and Jack walks around her, over to me. "No....it's DADDY's magazine."

Random funny Jack stuff:

Jack knows he has to eat his dinner to get dessert (even though he doesn't always get dessert, we've slipped a little in that respect, and it's more frequent). Regardless, he knows we'll say no if he doesn't eat his dinner.

So he repeatedly asks us during dinner if he has, in fact, eaten his dinner. Plate gets put down. He has a few bites of something. A minute later: "Are I done eating?" Us: What? No! You just started. A little bit later: "Did I eat all my dinner?" At least half his meal remains on his plate. Us: No, there it is right there. Of course, on those occasions when he does eat everything, he lets us know. "I ate all my green squash, Daddy. I ate all my green squash." You sure did, Jack.

No comments: