Saturday, May 10, 2008

Daddy's Day

Emily came into the room after putting Jack to bed. Said,

"Jack was wondering where our clock with hands was. I said, I don't know. He said, Did it die? I said, er, no, Jack, only people and animals die. Jack said, Will Molly die? (Nana and Baba's dog.) Emily said, well, not for a long long long time. Jack said, Will you die?

Emily said, not for a long long long long long long long long long long time. Jack said, Will Daddy die? Emily said, not for a long long long long long long long long long time. Not quite as long, because you're older. (Emily's a riot.) Jack said, Daddy's old old old old old.

Then he said, I think I have the best Daddy in the whole world. Emily said, yes, I think you do. Jack said, he makes you laugh. Emily said, yes, he does. And I think one day you'll be just as funny as Daddy, and you'll make me laugh too. Jack smiled.

No comments: