Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kate in Real Time

I think the best way to blog about Kate is to just write about her as she does things. So that's what I'm doing right now.

I put Kate down on the living room rug. She makes a beeline for Jack's Spider-man puzzle, that he and I just completed. She's been doing it every chance she gets the past couple of days. I don't know why.

She heads for his easel and markers. Another fascinating thing, another thing we want her away from. I pick her up and put her in the other half of the living room.

She shoots me a big smile and heads for the TiVo box. Starts hitting buttons channels change. She turns and laughs at me, then says "Da. Da."

Mommy calls from upstairs, where she's giving Jack a bath. "Did you call me?" "Nope," I say.

Kate hears Mommy's voice and abandons the TiVo and starts crawling, quickly, toward the stairs. We want to keep her out of that hallway, because there's a bathroom, and a heating grate, and it's a hard tile floor. She reaches the doorway and I say, "Kate, what are you doing?"

She looks at me. Laughs. Heads through the doorway.

I go pick her up and put her back on the rug. She crawls into the other half of the living room. Probably headed for the puzzle again, but stops when she sees the cool wooden car. She likes the car. Plays with it -- i.e., puts it in her mouth -- for a few minutes as I type on the laptop, which I'm carrying around with me.

Now she's on the move again. Headed for the kitchen. Making little gurgling, "heh-HEH" noises, which she does sometimes.

She's in the kitchen. Gotta go.

1 comment:

robin said...

I love this one! Good girl, Kate! keep 'em on their toes.