Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Jack and Kate's Vermont

We went to Vermont last weekend. Here's how Jack and Kate probably saw it.

THE DRIVE UP:

Kate: Hmm. We're getting in the car again. Supermarket? Comic store? OOH, maybe the swings at the playground. Hope it's a short trip, anyway.
Jack: I get out of school early! We're going to Nana and Baba's! I LOVE their toys! I can't wait to play with the castle and the village and the car and the plane ....
Kate: We're going a long way. This is NOT a quick trip to the supermarket.
Jack: .... and the garage and the record player and ...
Kate: I've got to get out of this seat. Plus I can't see where we're going! The back seat is pretty dull. Facing the wrong way is very frustrating.
Jack: ... the books and the stuffed toys and the bear slippers....
Kate: WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jack: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Kate: .....wahhhh..........WAHHHHHHH.......wahhhhhhhhhhhhh........
Jack and Kate: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jack: Why do Nana and Baba live so far away?
Jack: But why is it so far?
Jack: Is it closer? Is that the distance? Why is that the distance? What are THOSE?
Kate: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jack: Baby Kate, Baby Kate, Baby Kate.......
Kate: sighhhhhh...wahhhhhh....Please let it end.

VERMONT: (Thursday evening)

Jack: Nana! Baba! Molly! Can I get the toys?
Kate: Who. are. these people. And what is that THING sniffing at me? I'm very afraid.

(Middle of night)

Kate: Wahhhhhh!
Jack: I have to pee.
Jack: Daddy, can I take a bath with the big shark tomorrow?
Jack: Is it morning yet?

(Friday)

Kate: OK, these people are all right. The tall one looks a little bit like me, only a little more weathered and stuff. He's definitely got my ears. I'm fascinated by the other one. I think I like her holding me. She's a Mom too.
Jack: Food! Give Molly treats! Watch Aristocats! Run around the yard! Read that funny Mouse Tales book! How did the mouse buy new feet?!!! Play with toys! Car ride going to a fair! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Lollipop at fair! Hot! Those "ponies" look a lot like big horses. Not sure I want to get on that thing. Long line for ride, too. Let's go home. Play with toys! Hotdog! French fries! Ice cream! Play outside! Bath with big shark! Mouse Tales book! Tired now.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(Saturday)

Jack: Watch Aristocats! Play with Mommy! Go to Quechee with Nana and Baba and Daddy! Ride the train! Carousel! Ice cream! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. More playing in the yard! Playing with Mommy! Games! Toys! Mouse Tales book! How did the mouse take off his feet????? Applesauce! Toys! Bath with big shark! Tired nZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz.
Kate: I didn't have to ride in the car ALL DAY!

(Sunday)

Kate: That dog's kind of interesting. Very soft. Kind of tired today.
Jack: Pancakes....bacon....blueberries....pancakes...Aristocats.......Tired now.

THE DRIVE HOME:

Jack: Bye Nana and Baba. Car ride. Hmm, I'm sleepZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Kate: Bye strange people and dog. Car ride again? WahhZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

1 comment:

robin said...

Love. This. One.