Thursday, July 23, 2009

Just some random stuff

- Tonight Kate sat down at her little table with a piece of paper and three markers. She started scribbling on it, I saw her, she saw me, and said, "Sit. Sit." I sat and she handed me a marker. We scribbled together; she laughed. Then Jack came over and picked up a marker. Kate pointed to the seat next to her. "Sit. Sit." So Jack sat and the three of us scribbled together. As we scribbled, Kate bubbled over with laughter, as if the three of us using markers together on paper was the best thing in the world. We filled the paper, she got up, walked across the room, and got another piece of paper. Brought it back. "Sit," she said, to herself perhaps. "Sit."

- Jack was home sick today; kind of odd really. He was sent home Tuesday with a red, puffy eye. We gave him eye drops, which we have from a previous pink eye deal (although we suspect it's allergies), but they had no effect, so I took him to the doctor yesterday. Turned out he just had something in his eye and then irritated it further by rubbing it. Then yesterday afternoon he suddenly took a nap, which I had to wake him up from so we could get Kate at school, and he ended up with a fever. I say it was odd because he was perfectly fine all day; we went to the doctor, went home, and then shortly thereafter he had a fever. Coincidence I guess.

Anyway, I mention it because he's really quite entertaining. Even though he had a fever, he was in good spirits. He drew a cute picture of a house and a family, as well as a smiley face sign "so only good people are allowed in." We played the "Iron Man game," which involves his four mini Iron Man action figures hitting each other. We played Candyland, and he stacked the deck so that his first two cards were the lollipop and the ice cream cone, after which the game was essentially over. Hate when he does that but it's kind of funny.

Then we went to the library, got out a couple of books, came home and read them, and he had a nap.

He got us up at 5 this morning -- since he'd gone to bed at 6 the previous night. He walked into our room and said, "Why is the night so long?"

He's been coming out with some great questions lately. "Why is the sun larger than the earth?" was a good recent one. I wish I could remember the others.

3 comments:

robin said...

I LOVE it when my kids stack the deck. "Hey! Game's over! Well that was fun. Newspaper time for Mom now."

robin said...

I LOVE it when my kids stack the deck. "Hey! Game's over! Well that was fun. Newspaper time for Mom now."

Andy Richardson said...

funny Robin