Friday, November 06, 2009

Shampoo

Took Jack for a haircut today. Afterward the barber always uses gel to give him a neat, sharp part and shiny look. It's pretty cute.

Anyway, later on I was sitting in the kitchen with Kate, who was snacking on an apple. I heard water running in the bathroom. Jack needs to be told to wash his hands and stuff, so I thought it was a little odd. It continued running for another minute or so. "Jack?" I said. "What's up in there?"

Jack walked into the kitchen. His hair was soaking, plastered onto his forehead. It actually had kind of a style to it, like some '90s boy band act or something. And it was hilarious. "Jack," I said laughing, "What on earth have you done?"

Jack said, "I didn't want to have to have a shampoo tonight. So, I washed my hair."

After stopping laughing and snapping a couple of pictures, I brought him into the kitchen and had him lean over the kitchen sink to rinse his head out.

Kate pushed a chair up to the sink. "My turn!" she said, and then, when I said no, "My turnnnnnnnnnnnnn......" (tears).

I let her help dry Jack's hair.

No comments: