Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stuff I want to write down before I forget it

Kate and Reanna played the piano at Ian's parents' house tonight, sitting on the bench together, Kate smiling as she plinked away. I sat next to her at dinner, and she said, "I payed peeno, Daddy." Very proud of herself.

I fed Kate pasta at one end of the table while she ate and looked around for the people she knew. "Papa!" And: "Mommy!" And: "Aunt Caffee!"

She was beautiful in a little pink dress and tights tonight.

On the way home in the car, she kicked a shoe off. "Help you, Daddy," she requested. Well Kate, I can't, I'm driving now. "Help you, Mommy-Mo," she said. She sometimes calls Mommy "Mommy-Mo," and knows she's being funny to do it.

We told her Nana and Baba were coming down for Thanksgiving. She said, "OHH!" and made a happy face.

She's been saying "Yook," a lot. "Yook, Daddy! Yook!"

Jack became quite attached to the 9-month old (Josh's) at the party, Ben. Ben was fascinated by Jack and wanted to touch his hair and face. Jack lowered his head and let Ben touch him and bat at him. At dinner, Jack wanted to sit next to Ben's high chair; it was very important to him. He got to.

When we were home, Jack said to Emily, "I want Ben to come to my birthday party."

Went to get Kate out of bed early this morning. Jack came in and asked if he could go downstairs. Before I could answer, Kate pointed at him and said "No!" It's something she does these days a little too much. I said to her, Kate, don't point at Jack like that. Kate said, "Oh. Hug? Hug." I lifted her out of her crib and she gave Jack a big hug. After the hug she said, "Nice!" (Another thing she says a lot these days.)

Jack said, "Kate, want to come in my room and read books? I can bring your hippo chair."

So they did.

No comments: