Friday, April 01, 2011

Challenge Accepted!

Took Kate with me to get a haircut today. There was a little kid ahead of us, probably about 2 or so, who screamed and wailed in agony from the moment he got in the chair until the moment poor old Mr. Ruvo finally proclaimed the haircut more or less complete.

Later I said to Kate, wow, he didn't enjoy his haircut, did he? "No," agreed Kate. (Although she'd also at one point said "I like that boy!") I said to her, But you don't cry like that at the barber, do you? And she said, "No. I would just say, 'Ouch.' And then, 'Ouch. Ouch. Ouch!'"

I got a haircut, Kate got a lollipop

_____________________________________________________________

Jack recently lamented that he is always doing nice things for Kate, and she never does nice things for him. So today i asked her if she'd like to draw Jack a picture.

She drew her faces, two of them, and said one was her (girl hair) and one was Jack (stubble or a lion's mane...it's how she draws boys). When I showed it to Jack later I showed how she had also drawn a circle, which she said was a Bakugan.

Jack had a little smile on his face. Not sure how to describe it. Pleased, I think.

No comments: