Monday, April 11, 2011

Legos etc.

Jack's been really into his Legos lately. He kind of forgot about them for a while, and now he actually gets up in the morning and plays with them, and has to be dragged away from them at night.

Today after school he was playing with them a bit in the living room; I was downstairs in my office. He came down with a trio of little wheeled vehicles, showing them to me one by one.

"This one is like a racecar...I remembered watching racecars with Baba in Vermont, and so I made it from my memory. This one is a different kind of racecar. And this one I made so he'd have a friend."

Then he came down with some aircraft. "This is a jet....I thought it was cool. This is an airplane, because I remembered going to Ireland on an airplane.

"This one is a rocket."

Then he came downstairs with more vehicles...these were boats. "This is a racing boat. Oh, THIS is a big machine that kills bugs. They go in here....and then they get sucked in here...and you can see them through this clear part, all their insides and guts and stuff....I took it outside and an ant went into it...." Every Lego had a story.

Later, he lined them all up, all 20 or so of them, on a box before going up to bed.


_______________________________-


At dinner, Kate did something, I forget what, maybe Emily was feeding her, or it was something she said. And Jack said, "Kate's a BABY!"

Kate looked at him seriously. "But I'm not a floppy baby, right, Jack?" We laughed at this, then asked, A floppy baby?

And she said, "Yes, like my dolly. She's a floppy baby, she just sits there and can't move." And then Kate made a goofy face and pretended to be all limp and floppy.

Jack assured her that no, she wasn't, and it seemed to make Kate happy.

No comments: