Thursday, June 02, 2011

Kate at morning

Kate either wakes up too early, and is whiny and cranky in the mornings, or she sleeps in, and is a picture of sweetness and light. Here's one of the latter kind of mornings, as she comes down into the kitchen around 6:45, when I'm making coffee.

"He-llo, Daddy!"

She has her stuffed monkey with her. She makes a false sad voice. "Monkey is SAD, because she misses her Mommy."

She also has her stuffed kitties with her. She places them on a chair. "I will put my kitties HERE." One is too near the edge. "Oh, she's gonna FALL. I save you, kitty!" (Saves her. Then:) "I give her little kisses. kiss, kiss!"

Then she laughs at her kitties, and laughs at herself. "She's silly. Silly....silly....silly. I'm silly!"

Sensing there might be a blog in this, I start writing things down. Kate: "Oh, why are drawing so FAST? You don't have to do that. You can take your time with your drawing."

Pause. "You can use different colors. Do you want another crayon? Here's PURPLE. Here's RED."

Kate proceeds to draw pictures of her favorite things to draw pictures of, faces. "This is YOU, Daddy. Here's your stubble."

Then, "This is JACK. I made Jack, Daddy. .... Oops! I forgot to make Jack's HAIR. Silly. Doo, doo, de doo, de doo."

I give her another crayon. "Oh, THANK YOU." Kate cheerful and happy...a nice start to the day.

No comments: