Friday, July 08, 2011

Lego Camp

Jack had Lego Camp all week. It was a half-day camp through the Rye Y where he built with Legos.

Every afternoon I picked him up, and he'd talk about it all the way home. And then to Mommy at dinner, sometimes going on for 5 or 10 minutes straight.

"And then I builded a car. And then Aidan and I builded a bowling alley. And it had these different chutes so that you could go this way, or that way, and there was a propeller. And then it could knock over this, and then that. And then we built a CAR. And then our car versed another car, and our car won. And then we builded a castle!"

Today I pulled in to get him after his last day. He was dancing around on the sidewalk, talking about something with his new friends. He said "Daddy!" and jumped into the car. I talked a little with the camp counselor through the window, and he handed me a card like one they presumably give all the parents. It read as follows.

"Mr. and Mrs. Richardson: Jack is a pleasure to have at Lego Camp and he always puts a smile on our faces. He likes singing songs while we wait at pick up and dropping off campers. Also, Jack seems to be making a lot of friends at camp. We hope to see Jack again!"

So yeah, I'm proud and happy for him, and it was nice. Plus he traded one of his lego things with somebody else and got this cool shark guy!

No comments: