Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jackolympics

Camp ended for Jack last week, and Kate is home the entire month of August. So yeah I'm kind of going insane. But seriously! It's been great a lot of the time. I think tomorrow or the next day we'll go to Dunkin' Donuts, I'm looking forward to that.

Anyway, yesterday we had something I dubbed the "Jackolympics," and Jack liked it so much the name stuck. He set up little sporting events throughout the house. We had golf in the playroom, something similar to rugby in Kate's room, bowling in our room, and basketball in Jack's room, where the Jackolympics finished up.

In his room, he'd set up his wastebasket (onto which he'd stuck a piece of paper that read "don't put trash here") as one basket, used some shelving things as another basket, and made a hoop out of pipe cleaners (is that what they're called? I don't know) onto a third. One basket was worth 10 points, one 20, one 100. The basketballs were these little Nerf-like things. Jack went first and got 160, Kate went next and got 20 (she's little and throws like a girl, sorry), and I went last and got 150; I had to ratchet up the drama by barely missing my last one, probably on purpose. (But maybe not.)

I put Jack to bed, and we read his new Beast Quest book from Aunt Robin. He always reads a page or two. He came to a long word, "straightened," and slowed down. As he was working at it, I started to help him, but he said, "I'm looking because there are a lot of little words inside it." And I said yeah, you're right.

As I turned out the light, he said, "Daddy, what's today?" And I said, August 16th. And he said, "Every August 16th will be the Jackolympics." And I said OK then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andy Richardson, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here: