Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day

I slept until about 615, maybe 630, which was ok. The kids knew to let me sleep in, which meant I was awakened by theatrical whispering ("Is Daddy still sleeping?") rather than talking. They disappeared, then came in a few minutes later to determine that I was awake or asleep.

Once I was clearly awake, they jumped up onto the bed with cards and gifts. Jack had seen a card in a store he liked, which he also decorated with pirate stickers, pictures of superheroes, and word balloon conversations between them all. Typical 7 year old boy stuff I expect. "Arr! I will shoot you!" "No! aaaaaaahhhhhh!" He and Kate drew me a card together...I think Jack did the lettering. I also got a picture of me Jack made at school, and a note saying he wanted to have another outdoor athletics day. Kate gave me a laminated paper tie which I will need to try to wear at some point. Maybe.

Jack thought it very important that I not do anything. "mommy should do it...it's father's day."

Kate wished me a Happy father's day about eight times. She also danced around the living room in her new clothes making up songs and band names. 

Jack and I played catch. We got lunch out and went to the L.L. Bean store to prep for next week's camping trip. We played "Plants vs. Zombies" on my new iPad.

I talked on the phone with, and then got a nice email from, my own Dad.

Good day.

No comments: