Friday, July 20, 2012

Funny stuff

The stuff they say, the stuff they do. It is better than anything I could come up with on my own.

Jack won or was given a red and green wristband at camp this week. He was very happy xwith it, as he conveyed to me in a theatrical fashion before bed the other night: "It's a VEry SPECIAL wristband. Very. Special." He smiled mysteriously.

Jack was explaining something the other night. "Sometimes when I laugh I snort," he said. Then he proceeded to laugh. And snort. And laugh harder.

We cleaned his room earlier this week. His first reaction upon surveying it: "Now that I can see my floor, I want a robot rug." He thought for another minute. "Or dinosaurs."

Kate is not the most adventurous eater. She typically asks what's for dinner DURING dinner the previous night. "What's for dinner?" Spaghetti and salad. "I like tomatoes," she said brightly. "Only, not the squishy ones."

We had a picnic today. With all of her dollies, whose hair she had me put in pony tails. I might be getting good at it. In her room.

"Come with me," she said, after I agreed to the picnic. "I have Cinderella. And Belle, and Sleeping Beauty. And I have my baby. My old baby and my new baby. And I have a piano." She pointed out the keyboard. "AND," she said, "I have a humpback whale." She indicated a circular toy that did not look much like a whale. "Well, actually this is baby's toy. But she doesn't really play with it."

She had one more toy to bring out. "AND," Kate finished, showing me one more animal toy, "I have a penguin."

Then I poured the tea and we had a picnic.

No comments: