Thursday, September 13, 2012

Birthday girl

Putting Kate to bed last night, I said goodnight, my four-year-old daughter. She said, "daddy, I'm 5!" and I said, no, you will be, and this is the last night I can call you that.

She said, "tomorrow, you all need to hide and then jump out and say, Happy Birthday!"  and I said, well, maybe. She came downstairs before me, of course.

She had Fruit loops, cause it was her birthday. Went to school with ice pops for her class. I ran around getting balloons and presents. Picked her up, and she was happy.

At home she saw the balloons, a big 5 and a princess castle with 5 Disney princesses. And she loved it. Her eyes got wide and she pulled at the strings. And then she clobbered me at "playground" and "walk the Plank", a couple of board games she plays not entirely correctly.

We had pizza, opened her presents, she oohed and aahed. Loved her cards, delighted to get the princess and the pea game,mwhich I am sure she will crush me at tomorrow.

Highlight was her opening the card jack made for her. On the front was a carriage like Cinderella's .. "Is that for us going to the ball?" she asked Jack. Then she opened it up and saw the picture inside. "is that ME? As a princess? And is that YOU? You're a knight? jack, I LOVE it!" jack was pretty proud I think.

It was an awesome card. And a happy 5th birthday.

No comments: