Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Mommy away

Emily had to go to Chicago, so I handled the kids solo tonight. Here was how it went.

Picked them up at school. Kate ran around with some boys her age. Only took two weeks for her not to be running around with jack and his friends. Jack ran around with Nick, as always.

Went to grocery store to smash bottles and buy hotdogs. Fun was had by all.

Watched an Avengers with Jack. He picks up on subtle things. "Look how now Stark tower is in the sun," he said. "So everything is Ok." That's right, Jack.

They helped make their beds. Well, they put on pillowcases. Kate cleaned Jack's room. Did a good job, too.

FaceTime with Mommy. They had fun making faces. Uh, just like me when I FaceTime with Robin. Hmmm.

Ate hotdogs, chips, corn. Eating in the kitchen, which we tend to do with three of us, is a big treat. I don't really know why.

While I cleaned up, we played music. Titanium a favorite these days, so I found it on YouTube and we listened. They danced.

Bath and shower. Jack helped Kate brush her teeth and comb her hair. Thanking her for cleaning his room. I don't have words for that.

Read Room on the Broom. At the end, Kate likes pointing out all the different features on the new broom. "He has a pool, and he has a book, and he has...."

Gotta go make my own bed, now....

No comments: