Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Moving on up

Kate had her Moving Up ceremony today,  which means she graduated from kindergarten. I am not sure exactly what she would have had to do to get held back, but regardless. She wore a lovely dress, and she and her classmates sang the songs she has been practicing around the house the last few weeks, and her various teachers and assistants spoke, and it was pretty nice. Jack had one two years ago, of course, but I don't remember it too well...will have to check the archives. I remember him wearing a blue striped shirt from the pictures I've chanced upon, and that he is still friends with most of the same kids. And Kate has made some nice friends the last few months, I think, so I hope she is too.

Anyway, all the parents stood around with our cameras, snapping pictures of the kids singing and waving and then getting their little diploma type things and smiling and waving some more. A friend sent a picture of Kate getting hers with a little proud smile. We took pictures with her friends and teachers and jack...nice morning. And the last moving up ceremony.

After, Kate and I went shopping and got lunch. Her choice, McDonalds. At home I mowed and she drew with sidewalk chalk. Kind of an ordinary Kate and Daddy afternoon. But fun; usually I have both kids, or neither so the one to one is nice sometimes. 

At bedtime she told me she had a nice day, then sang herself to sleep.


No comments: