Thursday, February 06, 2014

Kate the reader

Kate has really developed as a reader in a hurry. I feel like Jack either started slightly younger or it was more of a gradual thing with him, or maybe it's entirely due to her late birthday versus his early one meaning she was eight months younger than him at each shared milestone (starting school, etc.). Whatever.

A year ago she was barely reading at all. Seems like just a month or two ago we were chortling over her deadpan reading of Dr. Suess. "I would not. Could not. With a mouse." But now, she's like a little Shakespearean actor, and she'll find books she likes and read them over and over, aloud, with emotion and emphasis.

"HI, it's your FRIEND, blue CRAY-on. I JUST want to SAY, I really LOVE your coloring on the WHALE...."

I think it would be fun if Kate takes an interest in acting. She's going to be in this talent show act with a bunch of other little girls singing and I presume dancing to "Hard Knock Life," so maybe that will help get her started.

No comments: