Friday, December 05, 2014

Fourth day of December

On the fourth day of December, Kate had gymnastics in the afternoon. I brought Jack with me; he hasn't had to go much lately because Kate has a friend in the class whose older brother is friends with Jack, so we trade off hosting playdates and giving the kids rides. That friend was away, so Jack came, not too thrilled about it. Yes, he conveniently overlooks how many of his baseball games and swim meets Kate has had to go to.

Anyway. We dropped Kate off and I had brought along the Nerf football so we could throw it around a nearby park together. The park also had a baseball field which Jack refers to as Magic Field, because he's had a couple of the best games of his young career (it sounds weird to say that) at that field.

So we got there with the Nerf football, but there was a basketball court. And a few basketballs left behind. No one was there, we had the place to ourselves. We played Around the World and Horse and Jack beat me when I said I had to make all my shots as hook shots. I can't make hook shots. He showed me different dribbles he had learned in an afterschool basketballs skills class/program he'd done. We tried half court shots, talked about possible versus impossible shots, passed the ball back and forth. One of us might even have made a hook shot.

After a while, cold but refreshed and happy, we picked up the football from the side of the court, got back in the car, went to collect Kate at gymnastics.

No comments: