Friday, August 24, 2007

Told to Me

I don't actually see all of Jack's best moments. Sometimes I just hear about them....

1. Aunt Cathy has had a major cleaning project going on in her finished basement, with the result being that Jack can't go down and play with all their toys when he's over there -- there's just too much chaos. Last weekend Jack went over there with Emily. When he saw Aunt Cathy, he said, "Are the toys clean yet?"

2. Today he was playing with blocks, while Emily was working at her laptop. "Look at my trees, Mommy." She was kind of mmhhmm, mmhmm. He persisted, so she went down to look. He'd made two beautiful little trees by stacking blocks. And was very proud of them.

3. Yesterday at daycare Emily was getting his stuff after picking him up. She heard Lila's Mom say, "Jack, no, wait for your Mommy." He'd started to leave with a girl in the class and her Mom.

4. This one I was there for. We went out to dinner with Cathy and Grandma and the girls. Afterward I sat out front with Jack (he was antsy in his seat) and then the twins came out with us. The three of them suddenly broke into first, Twinkle Twinkle little star, and then, Now I know my ABCs. Sweet.

5. According to Grampa, whenever they go out Jack wants to walk. A lot. Everywhere. Unless he's really tired.

No comments: