Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quickly...

Because it's late and I'm tired, but today the kids are great because....

- I got to sit and watch "Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" with Jack, and he laughed and smiled at all the right places, like Charlie Brown getting rocks in his bag and Snoopy dancing to Schroeder's piano

- Kate brings us a book when we're sitting on the floor, hands it to us, then turns, sticks her butt out, and sits on us like we're a chair. It just doesn't get old.

- I carved a pumpkin with Jack last week and will do another one, I suspect, tomorrow. He calls it "Pum."

- Jack asked what things are out in the night. Huh? I said. "You know, what things are there that are out in the night." And I thought a minute and said, Uh, bats. And he said, "I can't see them." And I said, well no, they're black, that's the point. And he asked what else. And I said, well, spiders....cats....wolves.... And he said, "I'm going to be a wolf now." And he was a wolf for the next half hour or so, then said, "I'm very sleepy. Wolf needs to go to bed now." And so we did.

No comments: