Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just another Sunday

- Jack's Crazy Man Dances are now up to 17. He's keeping track in his head, evidently. I think some of them are kind of similar.

- Kate's vocabulary is increasing. "Baby" and "Pablo" are some recent ones. By far the most common ones, however, are "No," and "Mine," and "No!" Sometimes in rapid succession.

- Jack said something funny today, and I can't remember what it was. That always bugs me.

- Kate sometimes likes to be fed. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I think it might be a kind of a control thing. "I could feed myself, yes, but wouldn't it be better to make HIM feed me? He will, I know it. Yes, I will do that." When she wants food, she opens her mouth wider than necessary. When she doesn't, she not only shuts her mouth and shakes her head, but shoots me a look, like, Are you crazy? I'm not eating that. Where's the good stuff? The strawberries we had last night. That was good. I would like more of those, thank you.

- Jack was only so-so about going out to the store with me today. But when Emily suggested he could wear his new/old (Mikey's) Spider-Man rain boots, suddenly he thought it would be awesome to go outside.

- Took Kate swimming yesterday. She likes the "Wheels on the Bus" part. (You make splashes for "Horn on the bus," I move her back and forth for "Wipers on the bus," etc.) She also likes "Ring Around the Rosey," where I toss her in the air. We had fun, but at the end she was shivering. They need to keep that pool warmer.

- Jack was sneezing out projectile boogers today. We've decided that he might have allergies and are trying Claritin for kids. Doesn't really seem like he has a cold. Itchy eyes, runny nose. He's pretty agreeable about the whole thing, but it gets tiring for us to run around wiping mucus off the floor where he's standing and stuff. Yes, I know, unpleasant.

- It rained all day, so we didn't go outside. It's nice to have a day like that every once in a while. Day 2 or 3 would be a drag and we'd all be sick of each other, but one day is fine.

No comments: