Wednesday, March 18, 2009

She Bangs

Kate was home sick today, although actually she was fine. She got sent home yesterday with eye boogers (that's probably the layman's term), and I got eye drops for her which cleared things up right away. Still, though, she had to stay home today.

Getting those eye drops, or getting more sleep last night, or both, made her a lot cheerier today. And what she really likes to do is bang things with other things.

First she walked around with a couple of plastic pirates from Jack's pirate ship. She likes banging them together, and laughing about it.

Then she walked around with plastic toothbrush holders. Which she likes to bang together. And laugh about it.

Then she decided she really liked the noise it made when you banged something against the side of the TV upstairs. First she banged things against the screen, which I quickly put a stop to. But then she banged things against the side, which I requested she stop. She did. For a moment. Then started again. The pirate, the toothbrush holder, Emily's contact lens case. All made slightly different banging sounds. She enjoyed it.

She also enjoyed my getting up to stop her. I stood up, she screamed with laughter and ran around behind the TV. I sat back down, she came around to the side, looked pointedly at me, and banged it again. I asked her not to. She paused. Started again. I got up. She laughed and ran around behind the TV.

Finally, I brought her downstairs and sat her down by her drum. Handed her her drumsticks. For about a minute, she banged.

Then lost interest, and wandered out to the kitchen looking for food.

No comments: