Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Parade

We went to see Jack and Kate's school's Halloween Parade today. We had to park half a mile away, so we walked up the sidewalk and saw his class already lining up. There was Jack, in his Black Costume Spider-Man costume, holding hands with a little girl dressed as Supergirl (I guess; it was no Supergirl costume I've ever seen, although it did have the S logo on the front), wearing some sort of gold Mardi Gras type of beaded necklace. Lots of kids had them, I'm not really sure what was going on there.

He pointed at us, and we waved and took pictures. Kate's class was further back in the parade. She was wearing her monkey suit -- literally a monkey suit -- and holding hands with Miss Dionne. Very cute.

We walked down the street, trick or treating at stores, me asking Jack every two minutes if he could see, him saying yes, then walking uncertainly along and pulling at his mask, me stopping him and adjusting it, then continuing on.

On the way back to the school he asked me if he could take off the mask. I said sure. Then he wanted to take off the costume. I said, let's wait until we get back to school.

Tomorrow comes actual Halloween, and I'm thinking maybe he should have gone as a Mummy. Granted, I would have looked extra silly in my Spider-Man costume if he wasn't the black costume Spider-Man, but....

No comments: