Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random stuff

- We carved our pumpkins on Sunday. I only cut my thumb a little. When they were happily glowing -- well, happily and scarily, we did one of each, so they look kind of like the theatre happy/sad faces image sitting next to each other -- the kids just admired them for a while. Kate put her face up close to one of them. "Hi, punkin! Hi.......punkin!"

- Picture day today. Naturally both kids woke up too early and Kate had a runny nose. Getting them dressed was horrendous, and I was certain somebody would trip in the driveway and end up with a bloody nose. Nope. I'm sure they'll be great.

- Jack and Emily decorated Halloween cookies on Sunday. (I did a couple, but I also had to watch football.) Jack made Brett Favre and Mark Sanchez cookies. OK, they weren't all Halloween cookies. He also made bats, a really cool ghost, and a haunted house. I made a Frankenstein monster.

- I sang various songs to Kate at bedtime tonight. Rock a bye baby, Mr. Sun, Eensy Weensy Spider. She seemed rapt with attention and happy, which I don't always get. She just had a little sweet smile on her face throughout.

No comments: