Saturday, March 13, 2010

Little Prince

I got up with the kids this morning. They read "Go, Dog. Go" in Kate's room for a bit, both sitting in the glider with their own copies of the book. I went down and made coffee. Gradually they came downstairs too.

As I got them breakfast, I reflected that Mommy was still sleeping. Jack said, "Maybe it's an enchanted sleep." I laughed and said, where did you get that from? He said, "In Miss Ruthie's room, they read it in the mornings."

Then he said, "If it's an enchanted sleep, she'll sleep forever." And I said, well, maybe you can wake her up with a kiss. And he said, "Well, you'd have to be a prince." And I said, well, what about me? I'm kind of a prince.

He said, emphatically, "NO." And I said, why not?

He said, "Princes have capes." Pause. "I have a cape!"

So he went upstairs, got his superhero cape, and went wake up Mommy.

No comments: