Friday, October 29, 2010

Pre-Halloween

- Jack's class's Halloween parade was today. I brought Kate, in her dragon costume. We stood along the sidewalk and watched his class, all the classes, walk out. Jack was in his orange astronaut uniform. Next to him was a boy named Isaac, in a white astronaut uniform. They both smiled and waved. Jack saw us, big grin, pointed. It was very Right Stuff.

- Afterward we came home, and they played a little, at one point going upstairs, then Kate came down in her Olivia costume/outfit. "I Olivia!" she said happily.

- We carved, well I carved, two pumpkins. One Thursday night, happy and goofy, same one I always do. One this afternoon, scary. I lit them both up for the kids to see. Jack looked sad. What's up, I asked. "I wanted you to make a 'Jets' pumpkin," he said. He showed me the picture he had drawn of the model for the scary pumpkin. It had the word "Jets" on it. I carved the word "Jets" into the back of it. Jack was happy.

- Jack got a "make your own ghost" card from Grandma. He diligently sat down, before he had breakfast, to make a very detailed and happy ghost with the stickers on the blank white page.

- We sat as a family on the couch and watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." When Snoopy is imagining his fight with the Red Baron, and the colors change and go wild, Kate reported, "He's purple." Pause. "Now he's blue." "Now it's all blue." "Now he's red."

- They got musical Halloween cards from Nana and Baba. They played them over and over and over, dancing around in their costumes.

No comments: