Saturday, December 05, 2009

Education

We turned Jack's calendar page to December, and it was a character he didn't know - Martian Manhunter. I don't know the character all that well myself, but I know more than Jack does so I could pretty much say anything. Plus I knew he could fly and was strong and had some kind of beams from his eyes and came from Mars....OK, yeah, I know a little bit about him.

Anyway, Jack asked me to tell me more about superheroes he didn't know. So as I was putting him to bed I told him about a few. And then HE started telling me about Transformers, which I guess Teddy (from school) knows a lot about. And he went on to tell me about Power Rangers, which somebody else knows a lot about, and how the red guy can make fire or whatever to attack bad guys. It was all very interesting.

This part was funny.

"The Transformer Bumblebee can turn into a car....he's big, but he's slower than the littler Transformers." Pause. "Which is funny, because I'M bigger than Kate is, but I'm faster than her, too."

He stopped to reflect on this for a minute. I just laughed.

No comments: