Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday blog


Jack puts on music. "I like No. 8." It's the "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" track from Charlie Brown Christmas.

Kate holds the Baby Jesus from the Playmobil Nativity scene. She bounces him up and down on the arm of the couch and looks at me, big smile on her face. "Baby Jeebus dancing!" she says.

Kate picks up a marker. I say to her, only color on the board, Kate. Not on your hand. Jack adds, "Or your stomach," something she did once recently. I say, that's right. Jack adds, "Or your forehead." Then: "Wait a minute, we don't have foreheads." I tell him they do. He says, "Why is it called a forehead? Maybe it's because you can put four fingers on your head." He proceeds to illustrate. Hmm, maybe.

Jack asks for water and a napkin, because he has hiccups. I say, Oh-kayy.......

I use a rag to wipe up spilled water.

Kate rips pages out of her Backyardigans coloring book.

"Can I have my second breakfast?" says Jack, which interestingly enough coincides with me wanting to have my first breakfast.

Kate comes up to me, dancing to the music. "I'm dancing! I'm dancing."

A minute later, she holds up the stuffed Molly doll. "Molly dancing! Molly dancing. Doo, doo, doo!"

I hang another Christmas decoration. Admiring it, I say, Merry Christmas. Kate: "Mewwy critmas!"

We make a Gingerbread train. Jack and I make it, while I do my best to keep Kate from destroying it and Jack from eating too much icing, which is the glue that holds the train together. We manage, although the picture on the box suggests a lot cleaner job than what we come up with. We're pleased. Jack eats more icing.

No comments: