Monday, April 12, 2010

Kids on Break, Day 1

Kids are on vacation this week, so it's time for a daily blog. It's late though, so this one will be fairly quick.

- Woke at 4:45. Heard Kate around then. Her window was open and she may have been cold. I went in to close it around 5:15 because she was still making noise. She thought it was time to get up and wailed when I left. That didn't work.

- Took the kids out to Dunkin' Donuts around 8:30; wanted to start the week off right, or at least better than when we'd woken up. Kate walked some, then held her arms up: "Pick me up." Donuts were had and they got the iced coffee to cream ratio right for a change.

- Went to the playground. "Baby playground?" said Kate hopefully. There's a smaller one we go to sometimes. We went there and raced around until Daddy wanted to curl up on the bench with his iced coffee.

- When Kate napped, Jack and I made more pictures of Toothless (Jack spells it TOTHLIS with the L backward, it's very cute) the Dragon from How to Train Your Dragon. Then we played Yahtzee Jr.

- After Kate's nap, we played some in the backyard. Ran around with golf clubs, threw a football, kicked a mini basketball. Neither Jack nor Kate hit each other in the mouth with a club. Or me.

- Watched Backyardigans "Mighty Knights" episode, because Kate loves Backyardigans, and Jack loves dragons right now. There's a dragon in it.

- Gave Kate her bath. She doesn't like the shampoo but her hair is long enough now that she puts her head down and soap doesn't get in her eyes. She announced this to me happily. "Not in my eyes."

- Put Kate to bed. She sang me "Edelweiss." At the end, when you're supposed to say "Bless my homeland forever" after the title, she starts the song again ("Every morning greet. me...."). Theoretically it could go on forever, if I didn't put her to bed.

- Hugged Jack goodnight. Day 1 pretty good.

No comments: