Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kids at Home, Random Events

Captain Hammer

Jack and Kate played with toy carpentry tools. They both ran over holding a hammer.

Jack: "I'm Captain Hammer!!!"

Kate: "I Captam Hammer!!!!!"

Drawing

Jack and Kate sat down at the little table in the play room to draw and color. They used the art book where you trace your hand and make animals and such. They then brought all the pictures upstairs to show me. Jack laid them out, and they both talked at once.

Jack: "That's a dragon...and that's a dinosaur....that's a giraffe...." What's that? "That's a squid, Daddy." His elephant was awesome.

Kate: (filling in sound effects as Jack pointed out the animals) "Rahhh!" "Rahrrrrrr!" "No, Jack, let me. Let me. Rahhhhh!"

DMV

Went to the DMV to get my driver's license. With the kids! Had a backpack with one pad of paper and a pen. First Jack used it, while Kate ate a box of raisins. Then Kate used it, marking my shorts with the pen of course, while Jack looked at pictures on my phone.

Waiting up at the counter, the kids noticed the footsteps painted on the floor (for people to stand in for eye tests). They happily ran around, putting their feet in different footsteps, looking at each other, and cracking up. I can't help but think they helped things move more quickly for me.

Beach with Jack's class.

We met Jack's old preschool class at the beach. Before going he asked if he could wear his Tiggers orange shirt (with the class name on it) "So they all know who I am," he explained. So of course he did.

When we approached the class, he ran over. Everyone yelled. He was greeted like a conquering hero; big hugs all around. They clapped him on the back like he'd just returned from some big trip. It was pretty cute. They all played in the sand and the water together.

Afterward, he lined up with the class for showers outside the changing room, then we all traipsed over to picnic tables and ate lunch. Jack sat next to Teddy drinking his juice box and eating his sandwich. Kate sat between two of the girls in Jack's class, I think it was Harley and Isley. She sat very still, as though happy to be included with all the other kids. All her big brother's old friends.

1 comment:

robin said...

I do hope you and Emily have seen Dr. Horrible? But not Jack and Kate.