Wednesday, May 04, 2011

My brudder

Jack and I typically pick up Kate after preschool. He enters the wrong code to the door before I can enter the correct one, and then we eventually get in. He asks to go up and say hi to his old teachers sometimes, and we do that.

Then we head into the tumble room, which is where Kate's class usually is, running around and playing with various toys and such. Jack climbs into one of the little cars and drives it around, or kicks a ball and I hold my breath hoping it doesn't catch some toddler in the side of the head.

But today Kate's class was up in her room, crowding around one of the teacher's who was reading a story. We walked in, Kate spotted us, and ran over and greeted us happily. Then she went back to the group, and pointed to Jack and said -- as if we didn't pick her up almost every day -- "That's my brudder! That's my brudder." Very happy.

Jack sits down with the group, shows them his new toys, "Mighty Beanz," and they all ooh and aah. And then we head off, me and Kate and her brudder.

No comments: