Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12th day of Christmas

Today was going to be a night of leftover spaghetti and meatballs, which would have been fine with the kids I think, but instead I decided to go grocery shopping and get something special -- fish sticks, couscous, and frozen crinkle cut carrots. They love those things, all of them.

We ate in the kitchen, which they also love; not sure why they view it with such reverence, but they do. Next to eating out is Eating in the kitchen.

After dinner we watched Santa Claus is Coming to Town, which I figure I have seen 100 times over the last 30 or so years. I'm not sure how I would rank it, the Grinch, and Charlie Brown... I like them for different reasons. Gotta say, I think the Grinch might just be perfect. But nothing gets me like the end of Charlie Brown, when they are singing and Written by Charles M. Schulz comes up.

Anyway, kate was a little scared of the Winter Warlock, but she liked it eventually. Jack too, but he remembered it more than she did.

Kate's story choice tonight was Goodnight Gorilla. Haven't read that one in a few years.


No comments: