Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday, Sunday

Couple of good moments today, which included some of the usual pre-Christmas running around by me, Emily, and other assorted family members, plus with Kate still being slightly under the weather, somebody keeping her company here.

- She had an afternoon nap, and afterwards I got her up to sit with me on the couch and watch some football. I told her we were rooting for Ray Rice, and she nodded in assent and obligingly cheered, "Go Ray Rice! Go Ray Rice!" I gave her a cup of water, and told her she could have an orange snack with me, but one on condition: when I gave her an orange section, she had to put the whole thing in her mouth, not take a bite of it or pick strings off it and get juice all over everything. And she agreed, so I'd peel her a section, she'd eat the whole thing, and ask for another. We sat on the couch eating two entire oranges this way, cheering for Ray Rice.

- Jack was sick last Sunday, and I went out to a football gathering, and I feel like the previous Sunday it rained or something. Anyway, we haven't been able to play football the last couple of Sunday afternoons. Then today he was out caroling and at his cousins and so forth. So as I put him to bed tonight, I said, Jack, we HAVE to throw the football around next Sunday. I don't care if it's cold, or rainy, or what, we're throwing the ball around in the back yard, because we've missed the last couple of Sundays. He agreed this was pretty bad. "Deal," he said, and we hugged good night.

No comments: