Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Seriously, who has the time to write these things on Christmas Eve? Actually, I kind of do, because it's 930 and the kids are in bed and the parents are headed that way, and with any luck an hour from now they'll all actually be asleep! So today....

- jack was wildly excited and bouncy and giddy all day long
- Kate was as healthy as she has been in a week. Naturally, though, she is coughing now.
- we began a tradition of tacos on Christmas Eve. Next year I hope I don't have to run to the grocery store at 4 pm because the meat we bought two days ago looked bad.
- we went to church and the singing was beautiful. It always is. Carol of The Bells and O Holy Night were the highlights. They always are.
- got home and my parents were there. Merry Christmas!
- jack wrote a note to Santa and I helped him put out cookies. Delicious. They looked, that is.
- read the kids The Night before Christmas, as I do every year. Kate was riveted. Jack sang along, not always at the right speed.

Watched some of It's a Wonderful Life, as we also do every year. I think next year we shall watch it the night after Thanksgiving to make sure we get the whole thing in.

Now to check out the NORAD Santa tracker, then bed.

No comments: